Video is the King of Content!
If your business doesn’t have a video strategy for your social media channels and website you’re going to get missed. Not only do viewers prefer video their retention rate for video is 95% compared to a paltry 10% for text. You must commit to a video strategy.
Video content means different things on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. And the length of the video matters. Video has never been so important, and that means the right strategy has never been so important.
Here are just a few stats to prove the point.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
- Every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks by 2021.
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Where do you start? Here are a few ideas.
- Introduce yourself and your team.
- Share what you do or make.
- Tell the story of how your company was created.
- Show off your production process.
- Tell your customers thank you.
- Highlight your company culture.
- Talk about your successes and your failures.
You can start today by taking your phone out and hitting record. Make your videos about 2 minutes long. Then post it to your social channels and your website. Is it that simple? Yes.
Will you want to make some edits, will need help setting up the proper social channels, will you need help making sure that you embed the video correctly on your website? Likely the answer is yes to all three questions, but that is where we can help. Red 5 can assist in developing a strategy that will include a list of video topics, when and where to post them, how to get your videos edited, and how frequently you need to display video content.
Click here to let us know you’re ready and we’ll reach out to you to set up a meeting.